The Neon API allows you to manage Neon programmatically. With the Neon API, you can create and manage all objects in your Neon account, including:
- API keys
- Compute endpoints
Databases and roles belong to branches and are therefore managed with Branch endpoints. Look under Branch in the sidebar for database and role endpoints.
For information about the Neon objects listed above, refer to Overview of the Neon object hierarchy, in the Neon documentation.
The base URL for a Neon API request is:
Append a Neon API endpoint path to the base URL to construct the full URL for a request. For example:
For Neon API examples, refer to the following topics in the Neon documentation:
- Manage API keys with the Neon API
- Manage projects with the Neon API
- Manage branches with the Neon API
- Manage compute endpoints with the Neon API
- Manage roles with the Neon API
- Manage databases with the Neon API
- View operations with the Neon API
When using the Neon API programmatically, you can poll the operation status to ensure that an operation is finished before proceeding with the next API request. For more information, see Poll operation status.